Cauliflower Alfredo and Spinach Pizza
Recipe type: Main
- For the Alfredo:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup plain unsweetened nondairy milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast (adds “cheesy” flavor)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon oat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Pizza:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 generous handfuls of spinach
- salt, pepper, and oregano
- 1 Blooming Oven Cauli-Crust
- To prepare the alfredo sauce, add the water and salt to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil, add the cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes or until soft. Drain, transfer to blender and briefly set aside to cool.
- To the blender with the cooked cauliflower add the oil, milk, onion, garlic, basil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, oat flour, salt and pepper. Blend into a smooth puree. Taste, adjust seasonings, and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, add one tablespoon of oil, once the oil is warm add the garlic. Lightly sauté until fragrant then add the spinach and a pinch of salt. Cook with stirring until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Remove entire packaging from pizza and evenly spread about 2-3 tablespoons of the cauliflower sauce on top. Add the cooked spinach (try to gently squeeze out any excess liquid first), finish with a drizzle of oil, sprinkle of salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Place pizza directly on the oven rack in the center of the oven. You may want to place a baking sheet on the rack below to catch any drops. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.