Almond Butter and Jelly Bars
- Category: snack, gluten-free
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup natural jelly, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 8×8” baking pan
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients then stir in the almond butter, vegan butter, flax egg, 2 Tablespoons of jam, and vanilla. Mix well
- Set aside 1 Cup of mixture to use for crumble topping and evenly spread remainder into pan.
- Layer the remaining jam on top. Crumble the reserved mixture on top of the jam.
- Bake 25 minutes till golden brown, rotate after 13 minutes
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store in fridge