Recipe type: gluten-free, protein
- 8 ounces tempeh, quartered
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 cup of tamari
- 1 cup of agave
- ⅔ cup of filtered water
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 13 ounces barbeque sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the apple juice, tamari, agave, water, and garlic.
- Place the tempeh into a baking dish in a single layer and pour the mixture over the tempeh.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Drain the tempeh and let cool for a few minutes.
- Place baked tempeh into a frying pan on the stove top at medium low heat. Brush each side and all the edges with BBQ sauce. Turn over periodically.
- Remove from heat when lightly browned.
- Serve with vegan cole slaw, quiona and corn, or use in a sandwich. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.