Veggie Ceviche with Almond Cauliflower Pilaf
Recipe type: raw food
Serves: 2 servings
- 2-3 cups cauliflower florets, most of the stem removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds plus extra for garnish
- a handful of chopped almonds
- .5 teaspoon chipotle powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs of mint, minced
- ½ zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons raw agave nectar
- 1.5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs basil and cilantro, leaves finely chopped
- prepare the pilaf by chopping the cauliflower until it resembles rice, transfer to a medium bowl and add pumpkin seeds, almonds, juice of 1 lime, olive oil, .5 teaspoon chipotle powder, salt and pepper. stir to combine and set aside while you prepare the ceviche.
- for the ceviche, place all the chopped veggies in a large bowl.
- pour the lime juice on top, add the mustard and agave. toss with your hands to combine. allow to sit for about 10 minutes, tossing it up here and there.
- after about 10 minutes, drain most of the juice, reserving about 1-2 tablespoons. toss the remaining veggies and lime juice with the olive oil and season to taste.
- to serve: divide pilaf between two plates, divide the ceviche on top. garnish with chopped basil and cilantro